Tuesday 3 July 2012

The Final Chapter: Final Tweaks

So after one last pass of tweaking, this is the definitive version of The Final Chapter. Well, at least I hope it is anyway! :D

There were a couple of things that I had to resolve slightly differently though, but first, watch the film.


So apart from tweaking the sound effects and music, there are a couple of other notable tweaks.

The first being the POV shot. I tried cutting without the swipe, with and without the award, but it just wasn't going to be as good as getting the original shot to work as it should.
So I re-did the cam movement one last time. However this time, I did what I should have done in the first place, and that is to place the cam on his face. Render the entire corner of the room that he can see, then zooming and rotating with a 3D cam in AE, effectively fixing both the eyeline and the perspective of the shot. (and saving on render time)
Part of the problem before was that the camera was physically closer to the wall than where his face was, so the 3D looked more extreme and the cam also required moving as well as rotating.

The second thing was the removal of the night to day close up shot. The music could not be cut any shorter so I was left with a gap to fill. Naturally, the only thing that could replace it was an alternate night to day, but this time, showing the golden dagger award.

So I hope this meets with everyone's approval.

No comments

Post a Comment