Monday 8 August 2011

A memorable episode of...

I remembered about this episode of 'One Foot in the Grave' and thought it was worth the rest of the team to watch it. (for reasons I'll explain in a moment) In the episode, Victor Meldrew and his wife are stuck in a traffic jam. The entire 30 minute episode is all filmed in this car/road, no breaks or change in time. It is like we are experiencing half an hour of their journey, and it is one of my favorite episodes in the series.

Although not much of our story has been mentioned on the blog yet, I can tell you that our basic ideas are of an alien family going on holiday in space. The whole film is expected to be shot only in the car/ufo (whatever you want to call it), so you can see why I thought of this episode. I will say now that our story is not about a grumpy old guy who hates long journeys in traffic jams in anyway shape or form as that would be copying. :D

In fact the only similarities to our story so far is that it is shot in one location.
Anyway, I found it on YouTube, divided into three parts. Enjoy!


I think it is good to look at from a staging point of view. Although most of the episode is shot from the front, I expect we would be shooting our film from both the side and back of the car too, and possibly show some shots from even further away, between scene changes etc.


A Flock of Pixels

No comments

Post a Comment